Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grocery Shopping

I had to go grocery shopping tonight.  I am not a fan of grocery shopping.  I don’t feel like I get much from it as compared to shopping for makeup, shoes, even housewares.  I LOVE shopping for things to decorate my house, actually.  I love when you walk in after work and your house is spotless and sparkling and there are niec things to look at like my all-silver globe, or the framed silhouettes of Maya that I had done at Disneyland.  But I guess I should get back to the grocery story, huh?

 

On my way to the grocery store, I realized I was really hungry.  I hate that.  People shouldn’t be allowed to shop when they’re hungry.  Luckily for me, I was craving sandwiches all day.  So normally this would have been a dangerous shopping trip, it wasn’t.  I stocked up on so much yummy stuff.  Here is what I got!

 

  • Chipotle Mustard
  • Organic Dijon Mustard
  • Honey Mustard Mayonnaise
  • Garlic & Feta Spread
  • Habanero Spread
  • 2 Avocados
  • Tropical Fruit Mix with Mango, Kiwi, Pineapple, & Grapes
  • Swiss Cheese
  • Spinach
  • Chicken Lunch Meat
  • 4 Croissants
  • 6 Teleras (Mexican Flat Rolls)
  • Fage (Fa-yeh) Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
  • Minute Maid Pomegranate Blueberry Juice (to nourish my brain hehe)
  • Sunny Delight Carrot Orange Drink (mmm, tasty!)
  • 1 Loaf of Whole Grain Bread
  • Chicken Breasts
  • Naked Juice Protein Zone
  • Simply Cookies (I think that’s the name. They have no High-Fructose Corn syrup along with other “bad for you” stuff)
  • and a few soups

So I didn’t do too bad in the health department.  I didn’t buy anything too sugary, either.  I have been basically falling asleep any time I eat something sweet so I’m cutting back on the sugar a bit.  I have to admit though, I did buy Simply Cookies which aren’t healthy but they have no high fructose corn syrup, no trans fat, and no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.  Basically they are made with the same ingredients “you” use at home when you bake.  We’ll see how they turn out.  Sounds good to me though!

 

OH! I forgot to include a couple things in my list… I also picked up walnuts, pecans, and cranberries which I will use as salad toppers.  And I picked up cranberry sauce (not jelly, whole-berry sauce) to use as a spread on turkey sandwiches, possibly with habanero spread, Muenster cheese, spinach and pecans.  Maybe I make a weird sandwich but I always make a kick-ass sandwich.  Any ideas? Suggestions?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment