Thursday, September 24, 2009

Osaka~ Continued.

So I havent posted in a while, but that’s mainly because nothing really has been up. I’m still in Osaka, my days have been going rather slowly. Osaka doesn’t have too many touristy locations, and even at that, I’m not super interested in going to them. I’ve seen dozens of temples and shrines, a handful of castles, I’m not too pumped up to see more of the same. As I said before, that wasn’t really the goal of this trip either. I’m not here to see tourist Japan, I’m here to see actual Japan. I found this darts bar that’s more of a blue-collar kind of bar, and I had a blast going in there two nights in a row, talking to the people, seeing how Japanese people unwind after work. Not to mention they have kickin’ good fries. I did take some pictures with some of the people there, but I didn’t have my camera, so they were taken with someone else’s camera, and will be emailed to me. I’ve gone back to Noisy+ several times, as A pocco has been closed due to Silverweek. I’ve been chatting with Nao, one of the bartenders a lot. He’s a really cool guy, and I’ve had fun the last few days. Yesterday was really an exciting day though. At around 4, a fellow hostel-goer, asked if I wanted to try out this huge onsen complex called Spa-world. It was 1000 yen to get in, and it was just an absolutely amazing place. Huge huge huge onsens of different styles. There are two floors, floor 4 is “Europe Zone” which has onsen in styles of London, Moscow, Rome, and Paris, along with a authentic Sauna. The 6th floor was the “Asia Zone” which had styles of Ottoman, Cypress, Japan, and Indian. Every other month, the floors switch between men and women, with September falling as Europe-Women, and Asia-Men. There were like 20 onsen on each floor, one of them had Milk, Honey and Royal Jelly mixed in, one was a green tea bath, just really interesting. On the 8th floor was a huge waterpark, with 3 huge waterslides. The whole building was really state of the art as well. On the way home we stopped at Noisy+, where we all had a drink, the two other hostel goers who were with me headed home early, and I stayed a while longer. There was some Cougar sitting next to me who was all over me the whole night, though eventually she left. It also was someone’s birthday, so we all got a glass of Champagne and a piece of cake (Third time in Japan that’s happened to me–also happened at the darts bar once.) After another long night I finally made it back to the Hostel and hit the hay. I’ll be heading back to Tokyo for a few days since I couldn’t stay in Osaka any more. Then I’ll be off to Mito for a 2days 1 night– Since I haven’t been able to contact anyone I knew from Mito, I’ll most likely just be staying at the Holiday Inn, which is kinda pricey, but It’ll only be 1 night. Who knows, I might find someone I know there, and be able to get a place to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment