Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Main Course

you think i want you for my lover?

that would be nice, don’t get me wrong, that would be… nice.

but really i would only be softening you up

for the main course

i would only be marinating you to be served at God’s table.

you see, i want your freedom

more than anything

more than your hands on my body

more than your breath inside me

more than your warm, deep kisses

you thought you could come to Kali’s house

and play with fire

without getting burned up

on the cremation grounds?

what were you thinking?

the Mother is dancing, naked, laughing,

bathed in ashes, grieving your death

while you are still here breathing.

She is celebrating your death,

while you are still clinging desperately

to all your ideas of who you are.

and you still think I want you for my lover.

Stupid! I want to mesmerize you with bliss

until you drop your guard for just a moment

until you slip for just a moment

into surrender

into surrender

for just a moment

and then I’ll pour what’s left of you

into God’s mouth

like the finest red wine

to wash down the meal

and you and God will be so happy then

like two lovers after hours and hours of love

punctuated by a perfect feast

prepared by the Chefs of Heaven

with warm tummys

resting entwined

engulfed devoured

happily exhausted

breathing together

like the waves

of the ocean

yes, you and God will be so happy then

that it will not matter what I did to get you there

you’ll forgive me,

laughing and crying all at once

for how I tricked you

you’ll forgive me for tricking you

into believing

i was just a woman who wanted you

for my lover

and you’ll know it’s true then–

i could never only want that

i could never only want that

because once you see

once you know

once you feel the bliss of God

you’ll know, that really,

all this human lovemaking is just…

well… it’s just for practice.

–Murshida VA

[Via http://murshidava.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment